Friday 11 November 2016

HABIT

I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper and your heaviest burden.  I will push you onward or drag you down to failure. I am completely at your command. Half of the things you do you might just as well turn over to me and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly. I am easily managed – you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly how you want something done and after a few lesson I will do it automatically.
I am the servant of all great men; and alas of all failure as well. Those who are great I have made great. Those who are failures I have made failures. I am not a machine though I work with all precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a man. You may run me for profit or run me for ruin-it makes no difference to me. Take me train me be firm with me, and I will place the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you.
I am HABIT….

“Habit is an action performed repeatedly and automatically, usually without awareness” or “a routine of behavior that is repeated regularly and tends to occur subconsciously” therefore your habit over a long period of time becomes you. The question is “WHO ARE YOU” I don’t mean to be rude but this should be a normal term or question everyone should ask him/herself even while standing in front of a mirror the mirror should  speak to you about your personality. Everyone knows who you are through your normal daily behavior
“I am your constant companion” most times this come to mind and creates a very big concern to those who give thought to things that matter.  Habit is a shadow; It goes everywhere with us, the way individual places him/herself to the sun is the appearance of his/her shadow therefore your relationship with the next person to you brings out the real you, and the real you is your habit….
A Habit from the stand point of psychology is a more or less fixed way of thinking, willing or feeling acquired through the previous repetition of mental experience. Your habit is the product of your thinking and thinking controls your life. Thinking control determines emotion, emotional control determines self-control, self-control determines attitude, and attitude determines habit. The background of a man have a great influence on habit, life style and daily activities, no doubt about this but if you have a great thinking culture which is portrait in your behavior, then your background won’t be able to dig your back to the ground. Your habit is your beauty (Yoruba adage), are you beautiful?
“Take me train me be firm with me, and I will place the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you.” How do control yourself and how hard do you control your habit? Habit is like a smoke no matter how you hide it, it will sure leak out (Yoruba adage), I believe habit is like a house, if you build it in a good manner it will be beautiful, if you build it on the other way round, well you the outcome… Good news is, no matter how hard or complicated life gets or how unfriendly the habitat may seem, good habit make a difference. A change of habit helps us to move far beyond expectation. One of the beauties of life is that you don’t know what lies ahead for tomorrow’s reality.
In 2009/2010, I had a conversation with my bunk mate back in school, talking about realities of life, after much argument, Mr Adeeko said; Olusola listen Rome/road was not built in a day they say, but the Sayers always forget to say “it was built by builders”. Habit is like a tree planted, that needs to be monitored, watered and nurtured. Habit is like a child that needs nourishment to grow, build your habit in preparation for days to come.
Habit starts from; how you eat, how you dress, your relationship with the people around you, how do you control yourself in terms of difficult situations? These are some of the questions we should put into considerations
Note that your habit controls your life… prepare for tomorrow yet unborn…

No comments:

Post a Comment