Thursday 24 November 2016

A TALE OF THE WIND!!! PART 2

Oya suddenly appeared in his arms and he clung onto her, he whispered sweet words into her hear and danced back to his palace with a goddess in his arms. Thus, Oya was married to Sango.

TRIAL!!!
Oya was bedded but she couldn’t bear a soul. Sacrifices were made to the air, the trees, the water and all that were worshipped but she was made without a womb and from her Sango would never had an heir to his throne; yet the throne of his forefathers must not be left for strangers to inherit. He sought the temple of the goddess of the river and took Osun the fairest among her daughters as his bride.
Osun’s barrels were filled with seeds and she filled his courtyard with sundries. Sons and daughters permeate his temple but Sango never had one like himself; often he prayed to Olodumare, hoped and longed for one like himself; charming, strong and crafty. But despite the sundries from the daughter of the river, Sango took another from the daughters of the tree.
Oba begat children for Sango but still never one like him. In his rage over the inadequacies of his household, he had begun to spill fire; every utterance that was spoken with rage was accompanied with fire and he conflagrated his palace at the naming of one of his sons. He had spoken with dissatisfaction that fire spilled out of his mouth on his courtyard and his temple was burned to ashes.

Turns in time and trials are inimitable components of human existence. Will, passion and desires cloud their days but the turns that made their existence are borne in mystery. I had lost my goddess prowess when you began to spill fire. The rumbles of striking flashes of my lightning had been lost in the sky since I deserted my temple to follow my heart into humanity; I was no more a goddess when you were becoming a god. Olodumare must have granted you beyond your wishes, yet you were a man without contentment. You desired all the kingdoms of the world and an heir like yourself; one that would spill fire and be blessed beyond normal humanity.
I was a woman Sango when you deserted my bed in search of glory, when you forgot my pleasure in sakes of war and quest for more territories, when you left the longings of my anal to rust at its crust. Yet my godlessness was the key to your godliness.

TURNS!!!
Out of the care of the world and limitless wander across its bay, Esu appeared in Oyo and set to disrupt the usual flow. With his cunning tongue and deceptive utterances, he set his heart to change the course of history and utter the mysteries of the mystical existences. He was present at the palace of Sango and asked for a meeting with the great king.
‘Sango, in my limitless saunter across the borders of the world, and my several exploitations into the hearts of men; I hadn’t seen any man or king as great as you are. You are even greater than Oduduwa the ancestor of all men.’ Esu spoke in flattery manners as he engaged Sango in a serious conversation in his palace. He had refused a seat but squatted before the king.
‘I was born with greatness and I had labored for greatness. I had become great, greater than the greatness of any man and god.’ Sango boasted before the great deceiver.
‘But Sango, I can still perceive emptiness in you; unquenchable longings that cannot be set before any man or god; Olodumare seemed to have blocked his hears to your pleas. But a god must be one without longings or emptiness, one who possess absolute contentment.’ Esu invoked the hidden contemplations of Sango and he was made to unsettle his greatest desire before him.
‘I want to be regarded as a god among men, I want to be worshipped, and live forever in their hearts. I want them to have great temples of me and I want an heir that would fill my throne when I cease to live as a man.’ He subjected his pleas to the feet of Esu. Still, Esu asked about the potential heirs that filled his court, but Sango had none like himself among them.
‘Ogun must be killed before you can become a god Sango, you must summon him to war and destroy him. Only then can you truly be a god and all your wishes would be reality.’ Esu lured Sango into a deception before carrying the message of war into the temple of Ogun. The juncture of heaven, hell and earth was chosen for the famed war, but Esu wasn’t done with his deceptions. His cunning prowess was beyond boundaries.

Esu knew of the longings of my anal Sango, he knew how long you had deserted my bed and allowed my affections to wane in loneliness, he knew how much I had sought for your manhood and how many nights I had wept for your attention. But my affection for you was beyond any form of infidelity, I wish you had known.

Esu with the promises of greatness implored Gbonka, the finest among Sango’s warriors to seek the attention and affection of Oya. ‘Oya’s affection is the secret of Sango’s greatness and he had deserted her bed for moons. Have an intercourse with her, forcefully or willfully and you shall be greater than your king.’ He had assured Gbonka and led him to the hut of Oya before departing to inform Sango of Gbonka’s presence in Oya’s chamber.
Sango had rushed with fury into her chamber and met Gbonka with his loved wife. He made to utter fire on the duo but was met with lightning. The earth was met with astute darkness as Oya disappeared with striking lightning.

I was the wind before your fire Sango, the looming in the sky before your rain and the lightning before your deafening strikes of thunder. I was the fire that spill from your mouth and the vigour of your famous conquests. You were the greatest among men but I was the god in your manliness. In my existence, only absolute and utter excitement, like the one I found in your passionate and affectionate lure of rhythmic movement could reveal my visible. And an undiluted anger, a livid conflagration from my depth would make me to cease from existence, cease from being your bride, and cease the fire you spill; into the lightning that I would forever be. You should have trusted my fidelity, you should have known the deceit in Esu’s tongue, and you should have been contented with your manliness.

END!!!
Oya was gone, and so was the fire from Sango’s mouth; Gbonka challenged him into a battle and the war with Ogun at the juncture of heaven, hell and earth was looming. Sango ran back into his chamber and could find nothing in himself beyond humanity. Like an epiphany, he realized that end is the basic of all human existence, and as the rage of Gbonka, the mockery smiles of Esu and the iron arms of Ogun approached his chamber. He sought a rope and hung his own neck.
I was not a woman so I could cry; I was not a soul so I could weep my heart out. I am Oya, the goddess of wind and lightning and the bride of the god of iron and war. As you submit your soul into eternity and fulfilled the destiny you had chosen. I weep on the earth with my lightning, and in my rage, embedded with the fury of your lost; my wind formed into a rumble. And the earth witnessed a thunder. Your soul in hell would never know Sango, that men still worship you as a god after you had died as a man. I wish you had been contented with your humanities; for this tale, plowing through time into eternity would have been that of a hero.

Written by Oladipupo Oluwafemi

Powered by akoniolusola.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment